Git GUIs for Windows:
Git GUIs for Mac:
NB: Make sure that you are connected with VPN if you will use GIT.
- First of all you need to generate a ssh key to be able to connect to the server:
- Make sure you are connected via VPN
- Create account at https://192.168.1.10
- Save your public key as described in 1)
- Once you are connected to VPN, access the web page at point 3) above, create a new account if you don't have one otherwise log in, click on the icon on upper right corner and select the tab "Profile Settings"-> "SSH Keys". Click on the link "generate it" for the instructions on how to generate and add your ssh key.
- Save your public key in the "SSH keys" tab.
- A free cross-platform client for Mac and Windows (only need registration at the Atlassian website)
- For Mac, you must permanently add your SSH private key to Keychain so you don't have to re-enter it every time you reboot your machine and most importantly you allow SourceTree to read the passphrase from there. Once you are done with the ssh key section above, type at the terminal:
ssh-add -K ~/.ssh/[your-private-key]
No need to add account once in the app.
- To clone a repository go into the folder you want to have to local repo
- Use right mouse ckick and choose GitClone…
- Choose the git repo
- Set the hook "load Putty Key"
- Choose the locak privat file generated by puTTYgen
- Press OK
- Now you have the local copy on your machine
Merge a Branch into the Master Branch
- Check out Master Branch
- Select Merge branches
- Select the Branch you want to merge and select "always create a new merge commit"
Sync multiple repos automatically