1 - VPN Initial Setup
The initial setup is going to be executed only once; after this, the client will be installed and running in background.
- Open a browser window (e.g. Internet Explorer) and go to URL https://biovotion.radixcloud.com:8443
You will see this warning message, click Advanced and then click "proceed to https://biovotion.radixcloud.com:8443"
- Depending on your browser, you might or might not see the following message: if you see it, click "Show all content"
- Now input your username (it is firstname.lastname, e.g. bruno.dinardo) and the password received via SMS. Select "Connect". Click "Go".
- You will be asked to install a VPN client: accept and install
- If everything is OK, in the system tray bar you should see the OpenVPN Client icon
Any other time that you need to access to the VPN, follow the instructions on section "2 VPN Access"
To make sure everything works fine it might be useful to open a CMD window and verify that you can ping www.google.ch as well as sql (local computer) for example.
The radix server has a DNS forward but is isolated from the internet elsewise.
2 - VPN Access
- Look for the OpenVPN Client icon in the system tray, right click on it and select the option "Connect to 18.104.22.168"
- Input your username (e.g. bruno.dinardo) and the password (if you haven't changed it, it is the one received via SMS).
- When connected to the VPN, moving the mouse pointer over the OpenVPN Client icon will show a message similar to the following
3 - VPN re-configuration
Follow the steps described in Chapter 1 VPN Initial Setup and skip the step 4 (you will not be presented with a client to install and even if it happen, you don't need to install it again)